What is NCLEX RN?
The NCLEX–RN exam is one of the tests under the standardized test called the National Council Licensure Examination. For those who want to be registered nurses, they are required to take this computer adaptive test. The national board of Nursing administers it. It often contains 75 to 265 questions, and the maximum time limit for taking it shall be 6 hours.
According to the NCLEX-RN Content Review Guide, there are three purposes to the exam, and they are:
- It is a test to know whether you are a safe and competent nurse.
- It is for public safety.
- It is to determine the minimum competency to practice nursing.
The book also states that to study for the nursing board exam, you must be familiar with the content. One of the things that you must know about the NCLEX– RN test is that all the questions that are asked are based on the knowledge and the activities of entry-level nurses. It is also written by people with authority related to the test, such as nursing faculty and clinical specialists. The majority of the questions are also multiple-choice types.
NCLEX RN Questions
If you are planning to take the NCLEX-RN examination, you have to take note of 4 main contents:
- Safe and Effective Care Environment
a,Management of Care
b.Safety and Infection Control
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Psychosocial Integrity
- Physiological Integrity
a.Basic Care and Comfort
b.Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies
c.Reduction of Risk Potential
These subjects are the bulk of the RN board exam. If you want to ace it, you can take NCLEX review courses, NCLEX review classes, NCLEX test preps, or NCLEX classes. You can also make use of NCLEX-RN practice tests, NCLEX-RN books, and NCLEX-RN study guides, among others. You must understand that mastery of the NCLEX-RN needs a lot of preparation, dedication, and time.
What are some tips for your NCLEX- RN review?
- One of the things that you have to do is begin preparing for the examination as early as possible. You can start at least 3 or 4 months before the test.
- A helpful tip is to take practice tests every day. NCLEX-RN practice exams can help you assess your strong subjects and your weak subjects.
- If you want to cover all of the subjects, nursing reviews are your best options. You’ll be able to study all of the content areas. It will be convenient since you won’t have to make use of different materials.
- Make comprehensive notes to help reinforce learning. It’ll help with remembering the subjects that you have studied. It will also give you a summary of all the things you need to know.
- It’s advantageous if you know how to make use of the process of elimination. Through it, you’ll be able to figure out the best answer out of all the options.
How to pass NCLEX–RN?
The NCLEX-RN pass rate is 0.00 logits. Logits are units of measurement that
determine the relative difference between the estimated ability of a candidate and the
difficulty of the questions they answer. Also, the 95% Confidence Interval Rule is used by the RN board test. The rule is that after you have answered the minimum number of questions, there will be an assessment. The system will determine whether or not there is at least a 95% certainty that your ability is above or below the standard passing score.
It will continue until it is assessed that you reached at least 95% confidence. But, if you end up answering the maximum number of questions, then regardless of the computer being at 95%, you’ll pass or fail based on the final estimate of your ability.
How hard is the NCLEX-RN?
It depends on how you’ll be able to prepare for the NCLEX examination. Nursing practice questions can make the process easier. You can check and review the answers that you got wrong and then focus on studying for those types of questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best way to study for the NCLEX-RN?
There are a lot of ways for you to study for the NCLEX. You can utilize NCLEX reviews online, NCLEX-RN test plans, NCLEX study books, NCLEX-RN examination books, and RN practice tests. These are just some of the many things that you can use to guide yourself through the exams.
How long after passing the NCLEX-RN will you start to work?
After taking the exam, your official scores will be published by the board of registration in nursing if you pass. You can then legally practice your profession.
Can you get an NCLEX RN exam accommodation if you have ADD?
At Pearson Vue testing centers, you can request for testing accommodations. You need to contact your state board of nursing to know what are the requirements to get the exam accommodation. You need to provide documents from licensed medical professionals and your program director. The documentation will help assess the accommodations you need to have a fair opportunity to take the test successfully.
Can RN students take the LPN boards?
Yes, they can. It is an option that is offered by some nursing schools. Some students may also be allowed by the state to work as an LPN while finishing their degrees. Furthermore, RN students can choose to become an LPN instead of taking the registered nurse exam.
- ABG Analysis NCLEX Exam #1
- ABG Analysis NCLEX Exam #2
- ABG Analysis NCLEX Exam #3
- Nursing Research NCLEX Practice Quiz #2
- Nursing Leadership & Management NCLEX Practice Quiz #2
- NCLEX Select All That Apply Practice Exam 3
- NCLEX Exam: Nursing Prioritization, Delegation and Assignment 3
- NCLEX Practice Exam 1