UCAT Decision Making Test #5

0%

Should drinking alcohol be illegal in accordance with society's values?
Out all the arguments listed below, pick the most convincing one.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
It emphasizes society and employs terms like "anti-social actions" and "shared joy."

One room holds 48 persons. What do they like to do in their free time, we inquire.
Of the respondents, 29 declare love of reading.
Nine of the respondents claim to enjoy watching TV.

Which one of the following Must be accurate?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
There are 38 people in total (29 + 9) that enjoy reading and/or watching television. The range of individuals who neither enjoy reading nor watching television must be as follows because we are unsure if there is any crossover between these two interests.

Total population (48) minus those who enjoy reading and/or watching television (38) = 10
48 persons total minus the minimum number of people who simply enjoy reading (29) = 19

Should a marriage be a temporary, revocable agreement rather than a lifetime commitment?
From the statements below, pick the one that makes the most sense.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
The devaluation of marriage, the notion of renewability, and any potential negative impacts of renewability are the main points of this defense.

Would a £500 fee for those who don't cast a ballot in a general election help democracy?
From the statements below, pick the one that makes the most sense.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
It clarifies that this would only be effective "if" people were interested in important subjects and considers how larger turnouts might affect democracy.

In a library, there are 40 people.
24 people have smartphones, whereas 18 have laptops.
8 do not own a laptop or a mobile device.
How many have both, according to the data?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
8 people don't have either a mobile phone or a laptop, which leaves 32 people with either one, the other, or both. The equation is: Given that x is the proportion of individuals who possess both,
(24 – x) + x + (18 – x) = 32
24 + 18 – x = 32
24 + 18 = 32 + x
42 – 32 = x
10 = x

Children who visit Father Christmas can choose a gift at random from a sack of wrapped presents. In Father Christmas's sack at the beginning, there are 15 harmonicas and 15 drums. Five harpsichords and four drums have been selected by lunchtime.

When the following child receives a gift, has the chances that a harmonica will be drawn at random increased?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
The right response is "No," as 10/21 is less likely than the original likelihood of 1/2.

We asked a group of folks how they prefer their eggs to be prepared.
12 people said scrambled, 15 said boiled, and 13 said fried.
Seven people stated they enjoyed all three ways, while 4 said they loved exactly two of the ways.
Eggs are disliked by one individual.

How many persons were questioned?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
Total number of people who were asked: 4 + 5 + 4 + 7 + 2 + 1 = 23

A picnic is planned by a group of friends. On Saturday, there is a 40% probability of bad weather, while on Sunday, there is a 60% chance of pleasant weather. On Saturday, there is a 30% probability of extreme temperatures, and on Sunday, there is a 50% likelihood of mild temperatures.
Is Saturday a preferable day to go on a picnic based solely on the possibility of nice weather and the likelihood that the temperature will be moderate?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
On Saturday, there is a 70% chance of a moderate temperature (30 percent chance of extreme temperature is equivalent to 70 percent chance of moderate temperature). Given that there is a 50% chance of a moderate temperature on Sunday, there is a 70% − 50% = 20% greater chance of a moderate temperature on Saturday.

Jack has enough cash to go to either Stall A or Stall B at a fair. At Stall A, the likelihood of winning is and at Stall B, the likelihood of losing is. Jason has a 0.89 chance of winning the toy of his choosing at Stall A. At Stall B, there is a 0.95 percent chance that Jason won't get his preferred toy.
Is Stall B the preferable stall option when only the chances of winning a game and receiving the toy of Jason's choice are taken into account?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
Jack's chances of winning the toy of his choosing are 0.89 at Stall A and 0.05 at Stall B, meaning that Stall B offers a lower possibility of doing so.

A mountain summit can be climbed using two different routes. There is a 60% likelihood that Route A will be congested. There is a 60% chance that Route B will remain congested-free. For Route A, the success rate for reaching the peak is 80%. 20 percent of Route B's attempts fail.
Is Option A the preferable route when only traffic and the possibility of reaching the peak are taken into account?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
Both routes have an equal success percentage, but Route A has a 60% probability of traffic congestion while Route B only has a 40% chance.

There are more blue-eyed and intelligent persons than not in a population.
These characteristics stand alone.
Is it more likely that one randomly selected person will have blue eyes and be intelligent than that two randomly selected individuals would also be intelligent?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
If someone's probability of having blue eyes is b and their likelihood of being smart is c, then the likelihood that they are both smart and have blue eyes is c × b. Two smart people have a c × c chance of being together. Since b would be higher if there were more persons with blue eyes, the likelihood of c b would be higher than c × c.

Premium Tests $49/mo
FREE May-2024