UCAT Decision Making Test #3

0%

Would society be safer if there were designated dog-walking areas where people may exercise their pets without risk to others?

From the statements below, pick the one that makes the most sense.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
It tackles the issue of safety as well as the specific worry of risk to children as a particular category of "people."

Should squash be a sport at the Olympics?

From the statements below, pick the one that makes the most sense.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
It is the sole argument that offers evidence to support the claim that it is played by millions of people worldwide.

In the second half of a game, a football coach intends to switch out one of his team's players. If Player A is changed, there is an 80% likelihood that the coach's team will score and a 70% chance that the opposition team will. If Player B is replaced, there is a 20% probability that the coach's team won't score and a 50% chance that the opposition team won't score.

Is Player A a superior replacement option when only the chances of the coach's team scoring and the opposition failing to score are taken into account?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
If Player A is replaced, there is a 30% probability that the opponent team won't score; if Player B is replaced, there is a 50% chance that the opponent team won't score. This suggests that if Player B is changed, there is a 50 - 30 = 20% greater chance of the opposing side failing to score.

Should a maximum pay be set so that the highest-paid employees in an organization may not be paid more than 10 times what the lowest-paid receive in order to aid low-paid workers?

From the statements below, pick the one that makes the most sense.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
since it accepts that a maximum wage would benefit lower-paid workers because it would raise their wages if senior staff members' salaries increased.

There are 16 green marbles, 23 red marbles, and a specific amount of blue marbles in a box. Mary requires two marbles in green. To guarantee that there are two green marbles, Mary must choose at least 38 marbles at random from the box.

In the box, how many blue marbles are there?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
We can infer from the facts provided that in order for Mary to choose two green marbles, she must choose two more than the combined quantity of blue and red marbles. The amount of blue marbles is therefore equal to 38 - 23 - 2 = 13.

In the era of the internet, have print newspapers lost their value?
From the statements below, pick the one that makes the most sense.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
It highlights a significant and unique benefit of the internet over print publications.

Should interest rates paid to savers be set at 2% less than rates charged to borrowers, ethically speaking?
From the statements below, pick the one that makes the most sense.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
It makes reference to moral issues and emphasizes how the approach would stop borrowers from paying significantly higher interest rates than savers.

Ben's dice are skewed. The likelihood that the dice he throws will land on a six is q.
He rolls the dice ten times and comes up with ten sixes.

Will there still be a q in the likelihood that the dice will land on a six on the eleventh throw?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
This is due to the fact that each throw is independent of the others, meaning that the results of earlier throws will not affect the outcome of the eleventh toss.

Jack is engaged in a dice game. The numbers on Dice A are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8. Dice B shows 2, 6, 3, 5, 7, and 9. Any of the ensuing games can be chosen by a player.
Game 1: Roll both dice, and if they both produce even numbers, you win.
Game 2: Roll both dice, and if they both produce odd numbers, you win.

A higher possibility of winning the game exists for the player who chooses Game 1.

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
If Game 1 is chosen, there is a 4 out of 6 probability that Dice A will land on an even number, and a 2 out of 6 chance that Dice B will land on an even number. There is a 2 out of 6 chance that an odd number will appear on Dice A and a 4 out of 6 chance that an odd number will appear on Dice B if Game 2 is chosen. Therefore, regardless of the game chosen, a person has the same chance of winning.

Football is being played in the garden by W, X, Y, and Z. One of them unintentionally cracks a window.

W declares, "It was X."
It was Y, X claims.
"It wasn't me," Y asserts.
Z declares, "It wasn't me."

Who OFFICIALLY LIES?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
We can infer from the facts provided that W is telling the truth, X is lying, and Y and Z are also being truthful. Since X or Y would likewise be lying, W cannot be telling the truth. W would be lying if Y were to be telling the truth. Since X would likewise be lying, Z cannot be lying.

A business manufactures skincare goods.

To evaluate the quality of a new product, the corporation conducts two opinion surveys, X and Y, with various populations.
Survey X was completed by 200 people, of whom 84 agreed with, 76 disagreed, and the remaining respondents remained silent.
In survey Y, 25% did not reply, and 45% indicated they liked the product.

The business wants to make use of the survey that best represents their product. Should they select Question X?

Correct! Wrong!

Explanation:
In survey X, fewer respondents liked the product than in survey Y.

Comments are closed.

Related Content
Open