Praxis Practice Test 2022 FREE – Praxis Questions – Praxis Exam Prep
Praxis Test for Teaching Certification
Everything You Should Remember about the Praxis Test
What is the Praxis test?
According to McGraw Hill’s Praxis I and II (2nd edition), the Praxis also called as “The Praxis Series: Professional Assessment for Beginning Teachers” is created and administered by the Educational Testing Service or ETS for short.
These tests measure the academic skills of the candidates and whether they have the needed subject-specific content knowledge for teaching.
They are also used by most colleges and universities as part of the process of certification. There are 3 types of Praxis tests: Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Tests, Praxis Subject Assessments, and Praxis Elementary Education: Content Knowledge for Teaching (CKT) Tests.
Now do not take this so long and take our FREE Praxis Test to get your dream teaching certificate!
Take the PRAXIS Practice Test Online!
What are the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Tests?
The Core tests are teacher certification exams that determine the academic skills of the candidates in reading, writing, and mathematics. Through these tests, they will be tested on whether they have the content knowledge or capabilities to enter teacher education programs no matter what grade level. These are also sometimes used as part of the licensing process.
What are the Praxis Subject Assessments?
Praxis Subject Assessments or formerly called as Praxis 2 are teacher certification tests that determine whether the candidates have knowledge of specific subjects that K-12 educators are required to teach. They must also have general and subject-specific academic and teaching skills. Thus, candidates who want to enter the teaching profession have to take the Praxis Subject Assessments as part of their licensing and certification process.
What are the Praxis Elementary Education: Content Knowledge for Teaching (CKT) Tests?
The content test measures two types of knowledge. Candidates must have a good understanding of the subject itself and the specialized content knowledge only utilized in teaching. The CKT assessments emphasize how candidates can apply their content knowledge on problems they will face in their daily teaching practice. Moreover, those who want to obtain a generalist elementary school license must take and pass these tests.
Format and Content Outline
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Tests
According to Praxis Core Dummies, the testing series, previously known as the Praxis I Pre-Professional Skills Test, are used so that teaching program candidates can be assessed on whether they have the minimum requirements to enter the profession.
What is the test type for the exam?
The Core exams are computer-delivered and are only given in English. It contains 3 subjects tests: reading, mathematics, and writing. The first two are mostly multiple-choice questions. The writing portion, on the other hand, is divided into multiple-choice and essay type questions. Furthermore, the tests that the candidates will take will depend on their state or licensing agency’s requirements. They also have their own standards for the passing scores. Thus, before registering, it is necessary to confirm the necessary requirements.
|Test Subject||Number of Questions||Time Allowed|
|Reading||56-multiple-choice questions||85 minutes|
40 multiple-choice questions
|Mathematics||56 multiple-choice questions||90 minutes|
The Reading test subject is divided into three sections:
- Key ideas and details – There will usually be 17 to 22 questions for this section. It requires the candidates to read the text carefully, determine author differences, and make logical inferences, among others.
- Craft, Structure, and Language Skills – There will usually be 14 to 19 questions for this section. It requires the candidates to comprehend word meanings, analyze the structure of the text, interpret words and phrases, etc.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas – There will usually be 17 to 22 questions for this section. It requires candidates to evaluate arguments and analyze texts with similar themes and diverse media content.
The Writing test subject has multiple-choice questions and two essays. It is divided into 2 sections:
- Text types, Purposes, and Production – There will be 6 to 12 questions for this section. It requires the candidates to write an argumentative essay and an informative essay. It also requires them to revise or edit passages.
- Language and Research Skills – There will be 28 to 34 questions for this section. It requires the candidates to show their command of the English language and their research skills. They must also be able to use proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation.
The Mathematics test subject mostly has multiple-choice questions, but it also has numeric entry ones. There will be an onscreen calculator for the candidates to reduce basic arithmetic error. It is also divided into 4 sections:
- Number and quantity – There will be 17 questions for this section. It requires the candidates to have an understanding of integers, whole number properties, ratio, percentages, place value, etc.
- Algebra and Functions – There will be 17 questions for this section. It requires candidates to have knowledge of equations and inequalities, symbolic and verbal expressions, and problem-solving.\
- Geometry – There will be 11 questions for section. It requires the candidates to know about geometric shapes, the Pythagorean theorem, and analysis of mathematical situations using symmetry.
- Statistics and Probability – There will be 11 questions for this section. It requires candidates to have the ability to interpret and read visual, quantitative information such as graphs. They must know how to make inferences from given data information. Also, they must be able to determine the median, mean, and mode.
Praxis Online Schools
The Praxis online school to become a teacher encourages students’ academic success, involvement, and well-being. Establishing a “student-centered” approach assists them in setting expectations and encouraging inclusion in a good learning environment. They use real proof High Impact Teaching Strategies to diagnose educational needs, discover, deconstruct, discuss, and model methods, and then evaluate them together during observation rounds. This method allows for authentic, engaging learning activities, and earn teaching degree online. On the other hand, taking praxis exam can help you get teaching credentials online whether you’re starting a teacher education program, looking for a new job, online English teaching degree, studying while getting teaching degree online, want to have kindergarten teacher degree online, and want to become a teacher online.
Online teacher education programs can assist you in quickly and effectively preparing for your next Praxis exam. Many courses are tailored to the information you’ll be assessed on, so you can rest assured that you’re only going over what you need to know. Also many online teaching licensure programs can lead to jobs at all levels of education, including elementary, middle, and high school. For example is the online special education teacher certification online programs such as Grand Canyon University, George Mason University and Walden University. Regardless on the course you pick, you’ll deal with kids with a variety of mental and emotional problems, including light, medium, and serious learning difficulties, developmental disorders, Autism, and students with physical impairments.
SLP Speech-Language Pathology Praxis practice test pdfs may also be helpful in your teaching career. Please remember that everyone’s study habits are different. There are numerous methods for effectively preparing for your test. Some people prefer to study alone, whereas others prefer a group setting. You might be more energetic early in the day, but another test taker might be able to concentrate better later in the day. As a result, use this guidance to come up with a strategy that best works for you.
Online Special Education Certification Programs
The following is a typical day in the life of a special education teacher:
- Examine students’ abilities and assess their educational requirements
- Modify general lessons to match the needs of students.
- Create IEPs (Individualized Education Programs) for each student.
- Plan activities that are tailored to the ability of each learner.
- Students should be taught and mentored as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, evaluate students’ development, and keep track of their progress.
- Throughout the school year, update IEPs to reflect kids’ progress and goals.
- Parents, other instructors, counselors, and administrators should be informed about their children’s progress.
- Teacher assistants who deal with students with disabilities should be supervised and mentored.
- Prepare and assist kids in making the transition from one grade to the next, as well as from school to life from outside school.
Teacher Programs Near Me
Teacher preparation program online courses leading to licensing, for example, are accessible in all fifty states and are provided by a wide range of universities. Those programs showcase online colleges that offer teaching degrees with license. You can google teacher certification programs near me to find nearby locations to enroll.
Special Education Certificate Programs
A Bachelor’s degree in education with a 3.0 GPA or above is required to acquire a certificate or degree in Special Education. A degree is required in special education is now required in several states, and the 10 colleges and universities on this list have everything you need to acquire your certificate or diploma online. Online degree programs are accessible and convenient, allowing you to continue working while studying. With special education teacher certification, you’ll be able to educate pupils of all ages, from toddlers to adults.
Can you become a teacher online?
CA Teacher Certification
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is the minimal education required for teacher certification in California. You must also complete a CTC-approved teacher preparation program.
An authorized program includes both classroom instruction and fieldwork. It can be combined with either an undergrad or post-baccalaureate teacher training program. If you already have a bachelor’s, you can start your teaching career by enrolling in an approved teacher preparation program. Teach for America, California Teacher Corps, Troops to Teachers, and internship programs are just a few of the alternative ways to get your teaching credential.
Get Teaching Certificate Online
If you’ve always wanted a profession where you feel important, where every day is new, and where you can make a real difference in people’s lives, then teaching is the career for you. Teachers are in high demand in the United States right now. Significant teacher shortages had been emerging across the country even before the pandemic began. There are several teaching positions available, which goes without saying.
Alternative teaching certification, or online training to become a qualified teacher, is now open to everyone. Enrolling in an online alternative teaching certification course allows you to begin studying at home right now and be ready to teach the following academic year.
Through live class sessions, video conferencing, and other instructional delivery modalities, students can connect with their peers and faculty members in online programs. Students can also use university resources intended exclusively for online students.
Praxis Subject Assessments
There are over 90 different tests for Praxis Subject Assessments. It all depends on the state or licensing agency’s requirements. They also consist of 2 groups of tests:
- Subject Assessments – These tests determine whether candidates have the general and subject-specific knowledge and skills. It contains multiple-choice and essay type questions. Also, depending on the individual tests, it might take 1 to 4 hours to complete it.
- Principle of Learning Teaching (PLT) Tests – These are computer-delivered tests that determine the candidates’ pedagogical knowledge at one of the four principles or grade levels: Early Childhood, K-6, 5-9, and 7-12. They also consist of 70 multiple-choice type questions and 4 constructed response questions. The time allowed for the exam is 2 hours.
|Content Categories||Approximate No. of Selected Response Questions||Approximate No. of Constructed Response Questions||Approximate Percentage of Exam|
|Students as Learners||21||22.5%|
|Professional Development, Leadership, and Community||14||15%|
|Analysis of Instructional Scenarios||4||25%|
Praxis Elementary Education: Content Knowledge for Teaching (CKT) Tests
According to The Praxis Series Official Guide, there are 4 major subject areas that the Content knowledge test emphasizes: Language Arts/Reading, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science. These content tests will assess whether you have enough knowledge of elementary education studies to make the student curriculum. It will also assess whether you have enough specialized content knowledge to teach it.
4 Subject Areas for the CKT Tests and Applied CKT Tests
|Content Area||CKT Tests||Applied CKT Tests||Time Allowed|
|Reading and Language Arts||63 selected-response and numeric entry questions|
55 selected-response and numeric entry questions
2 constructed -response questions
|Mathematics||52 selected-response and numeric entry questions|
48 selected-response and numeric entry questions
2 constructed- -response questions
|Social Studies||60 selected-response questions||50 minutes|
|Science||47 selected-response questions||60 minutes|
What are the Praxis passing scores?
Each of the exams has different passing scores. Your Praxis score is based on your raw score, which will be converted into a scaled score that ranges from 100 to 200. Since passing scores differ, you should check your state or licensing agency for the standard scores.
A Praxis Study Guide to Help You Strategize for the Tests
You must improve your reading skills.
One of the things that can be lacking to some is efficient reading skills. To pass, you must comprehend the text and the questions. If you can’t do this properly, then you might lower your chances of passing. You can try reading books or some reading exercises.
You should know what the test covers in advance.
A must-do prep is to know the exam structure or format of the test you are taking. Since the ETS’ Praxis consists of a series of exams, you must take note of the necessary requirements for your preferred tests. It differs depending on where you are applying for.
You can strategize which questions you should answer first.
There are a lot of things to learn so it can be confusing sometimes when you take the tests. A good strategy is to skip those you find difficult. You can get back on them, and with this, you would be making more progress. If you dwelled on a hard question, it might take up a lot of your time.
You shouldn’t answer carelessly.
You might feel excited when you think that you know the answer to the question, but it was a trick question. When taking the tests, you should be meticulous and read each of the answers as thoroughly as you can.
You should get a lot of references to help you study.
There are Praxis practice tests you can take online such as Praxis Core practice tests, or if you have a hard time with Math, you can take Praxis Math practice tests. These will give enough information to give you time to consider your strategies and plans.
Based on the book Praxis Core for Dummies, these are some sample questions for the core test.
Writing Practice Questions
1. Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns, and a phenomenon more widespread than many realize.
- Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns, and a phenomenon more widespread than many realize.
- Coulrophobia, it is the fear of clowns, a phenomenon more widespread then many realize.
- Coulrophobia, the fear of clowns, is a phenomenon more widespread than many realize.
- Coulrophobia, which is the fear of clowns, being a phenomenon more widespread then many realize.
- Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns, it is a phenomenon more widespread than many realize.
Math Practice Questions
1. There are 10 yellow counters and 15 red counters in a bag. What is the probability of picking a yellow counter from the bag?
You can also find some sample questions in The Praxis Series Official Guide:
Language Arts/ Reading Practice Questions
1. Which of the following is an example of internal conflict?
- “All the way home, Emilio felt angry with himself. Why couldn’t he have spoken up at the meeting? Why was he always so shy?”
- “Juanita and Marco disagreed about where they should take the money they had found.”
- “In the high winds, the crew was barely able to keep the sails from dipping sideways. Each time the wind accelerated, the crew almost lost the boat.”
- “Celine struggled to walk through the cold, blowing wind.”
Social Studies Practice Questions
1. What major geographic feature in North America separates the rivers and streams that flow toward the Pacific Ocean from those that flow toward the Atlantic Ocean?
- Appalachian Mountains
- Continental Divide
- Great Plains
- San Andreas Fault
You should review your answers.
There might be some questions you skipped so it always advisable that you scan your answer sheet. There is no penalty for wrong answers, so you should have everything answered.
How to register for the Praxis test?
- You must first review your state testing requirements.
- You can register to take the exam in 3 ways: online, mail and by phone.
- If you register online to take the Praxis, you can log in to ETS. You’ll be able to schedule your exam and where you want to take it.
- If you register by mail, you have to complete the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and then mail it to ETS.
- If you register by phone, you can create a Praxis account and register at a testing center. You can call ETS at 1-800-772-9476 from Mondays to Fridays, and from 8 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
What are the Praxis Testing Dates?
The Praxis is offered throughout the year. You just have to register and schedule when you will take the exam.
Is the PRAXIS exam on a pass/fail basis or scored?
The Praxis exams are scored, and the passing scores depend on the state’s requirements. As a candidate, you must first check out your requirements at https://www.ets.org/praxis/states.
What is the purpose of teachers taking the Praxis test?
Most states require the Praxis test as part of the licensing process. That’s why teachers have to pass it in order to practice their profession.
How difficult is the Praxis test?
The teacher certification tests won’t be too complicated if the candidates have prepared enough. As individuals who want to be in the teaching profession, it is crucial that their abilities be assessed.
Why should you consider taking the Praxis test?
It will help you determine whether you are ready to become a teacher. It is considered as one of the requirements for licensing, so passing it means that you have the necessary academic and teaching skills.
Grammarly and Plagiarism passed: http://prntscr.com/pd6tff