PARCC Grade 5 ELA Practice Test Questions
1. Where is the Bar M Bar Ranch?
1. C - The Bar M Bar Ranch is in Laramie, Wyoming
2. How does Marcus tell Shep what to do?
2. D - Marcus uses whistles and calls.
3. Which of the following choices best summarizes the fifth paragraph?
3. B - Marcus enjoys working with the sheep.
4. From this passage, you can tell that:
4. A - Everyone has a job on a ranch.
5. Mr. Morgan supervises the ranch hands and the outside chores. Which of the following choices best describes Mrs. Morgan's chores?
5. C - She is in charge of the household and bills.
6. From the passage, the reader can tell:
6. B - Working and living on a ranch is a full time job.
7. From this passage, the phrase "ranch hands" most likely means:
7. B - People who work on a ranch owned by someone else.
8. Marcus, James, and Robert are different ages, but they have something in common in this passage. Which sentence best describes what they have in common?
8. A - They all help with chores on the ranch.