B1 Preliminary Practice Test
People with membership cards get access to the private rooms from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., only members with membership cards have access.
In the ongoing humanitarian assistance for the victims of Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar, ASEAN remains ready to work with ____ United Nations.
- Following rule of using article: "The" goes with name of countries having to words or more.
There's no food left. Somebody must have eaten it ____.
- have eaten it up means" have eaten it all".
Is a condition in which a significant number of people have little or no access to food, and many of them die as a result.
A famine is a widespread scarcity of food, caused by several factors including war, inflation, crop failure, population imbalance, or government policies. This phenomenon is usually accompanied or followed by regional malnutrition, starvation, epidemic, and increased mortality.
Go ____ this book because it contains all of the necessary information.
- Go over means to examine or check something carefully.
ASEAN also works for the ____ of the region's peace and stability.
- Following rule or using article: "the" goes with definite noun to be mentioned after that.
Which word matches the space the best?
We ____ either eat at a pub, or at a restaurant. What would you like to do?
Could is used to give an option.
To ____ off wild animals, the explorers built a fire.
- Keep off wild animals means to prevent wild animals
from coming near, touching, etc. somebody / something.
Everything is ____ you. I haven't made ____ my mind yet.
- "be up to you" means "depend on you".
- Not make up my mind = have not decided yet.
Jen has gone out and will not ____ until midnight.
- Be back means return. come back.
If something urgent has ____ up, please call me right away and I will assist you.
- Come up = occur. happen.
Because the plane ____ off one hour late, the passengers had to wait.
- The plane took off means the plane left the ground and began to fly.
B1 Preliminary was previously known as.
B1 Preliminary B1 Preliminary, formerly known as Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET), is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. It is the English language exam that shows you have mastered the basics.
A B1 Preliminary qualification demonstrates that you are capable of:
Please select 4 correct answers
A B1 Preliminary qualification shows that you can:
> read simple textbooks and articles in English
> write letters and emails on everyday subjects
> take meeting notes
> show awareness of opinions and mood in spoken and written English.
The English language exam demonstrates...
You have mastered the basics of English and now have practical language skills for everyday use.
The original protection declared at the 1864 Geneva Convention was the Red Cross on a white background.
- Symbol in this case means the emblem, logo of the Organization.