TKT Practice Test (Module 1 Unit 1 Grammatical Terms)
1.Have you ever witnessed a ghost?
Correct answer: Present Perfect
The sentence has a verb and past participle. "Present Perfect" has this kind of word structure.
2. Stop squandering your time.
Correct answer: Gerund
All verbs that end in "ing" are classified as "Gerund."
3. He stated that he would.
Correct answer: Reported Statement
We can think of "Reported Statement" if we use the verbs "say" or "tell."
4. Wait a minute, I'm thinking.
Correct answer: Present Participle
"Present Participle" is another word for "present continuous tense."
5. The cake was consumed.
Correct answer: Passive Voice
It contains the verb "to be" in any of its forms, as well as another verb in its past participle. This is how the "Passive Voice" is created.
6. If I have time, I might come.
Correct answer: Modal Auxiliary
The verbs can, could, should, may, might. They have specific functions such as expressing certainty or uncertainty, moral obligation, giving advice, and expressing ability, among others.
7. Herself, themselves
Correct answer: Reflexive Pronouns
The ones that end in self or selves are referred to as "Reflexive Pronouns."
8. Which, that, who
Correct answer: Relative Pronouns
Relative Pronouns are used to refer to previous nouns, so we can say the person doing this, the book that made you laugh, or things that they say.
9. Then I realized what had occurred.
Correct answer: Past perfect simple
The verb "had" is in past form, and the following verb is in either "ed" or irregular form. That is called " Past perfect simple".
10. We've never seen a Lion before.
Correct answer: Present perfect simple
The verb to have is "We've" and the following verb is "seen" in its a participle form. As a result, it is a "Present perfect simple."
11. She doesn't like playing volleyball.
Correct answer: Gerund
Some verbs must be preceded by "ing" structure. That is the "Gerund" form.
12. He said he was really hungry.
Correct answer: Reported Speech
The sentence's verb is "said," and it is a "Reported Speech."
13. The mall is conveniently ______ in the center of the city.
Correct answer: located
The verb "is" plus the adverb ending in "ly" plus the preposition "in." As a result, the answer should end with "ed" or in past participle form.
14. Please read the ingredients ______ in the box.
Correct answer: contained
There's a preposition "in". If there is a preposition, such as "to,by,for,with,in," it should be a verb that ends in "ed" or a past participle.
15. The renovation plan _____ pleased most managers.
Correct answer: has
Since there's no preposition following the past participle, it is an active form. The subject is singular so the answer is "has".
16. The new game app is currently being ______.
Correct answer: installed
The sentence contains the verbs "to be" and "to have." This could be a sentence that ends in active or passive voice. If the sentence is about material nonliving things, the passive voice "installed" will be the correct answer.
17. They have recently been _______ more art materials.
Correct answer: ordering
The sentence has a verb "to have" and even though there's a verb "to be" there, the answer should be in active sentence that ends in "ing".
18. People _______ in the position as manager should call Mr. Lee.
Correct answer: interested
Let's say "People who are interested" plus the preposition "in," and you have the passive voice. The words "who" and "are" will be eliminated from the sentence. As a result, the answer is "interested."
19. The suggestions ________ by the executive assistant will be included in the report.
Correct answer: made
The sentence contains the preposition "by." If there is a preposition, it should be accompanied by a verb that ends in "ed" or in past participle form.
20. The technician will be ________ the new program on your computer.
Correct answer: installing
Because the subject is a person and we have the verb "to be," the sentence should be in the active form. "Installing" is the correct answer.
21. Please refer to the box _______ details of our shoes for further information.
Correct answer: describing
Let's say "box that describes details". The word "that" should be removed, and the verb "describes" should be in the Gerund form. As a result, the answer is "describing."
22. Down payments on new cars should _______ within 15 days of the date of contract.
Correct answer: be received
In the sentence, the word "should" is a Modal verb. It should be followed by a simple verb form. As a result, the answer is "be received."
23. My vacation begins next week and I come back the week after, on the 12th. Here "come back" is used to
Correct answer: refer to the future
"Come back" is referring to the future.
24. He stopped driving as he worries about the weather. Here "as" is used to
Correct answer: introduce a reason
The word "as" in the sentence, introduce a reason which is about the weather.
25. I can't see the girl who he's talking about. Here "who" is used to
Correct answer: introduce a definition
The word "who" from the sentence, introduce a definition.