PARCC Geometry Practice Test 1
1. Which of the following letters represents the vertex in the following picture?
1. E: The vertex is the point, formed by the two rays of an angle. Thus, H is the vertex of the angle.
2. If a circle has the diameter of 8, what is the circumference?
2. C: C=πd. Substituting 8 for d gives C=8π, where C is approximately 25.13.
3. What is the area of the triangle below?
3. B: The area of a triangle may be found by using the formula, A=1/2bh, where b represents the base and h represents the height. Thus, the area may be written as A=1/2(11)(6), or A = 33. The area of the triangle is 33 cm'.
4. What is the measure of the solid line angle depicted by the following figure?
4. D: The sum of the angles, formed by the perpendicular rays is 360°, thus the curved arrow represents an angle measure that is equal to the difference of 360° and 90°, or 270°.
5. What is the measure of angle B in the following figure if angle A measures 135°?
5. B: Since angles A and B are supplementary, the measure of angle B is equal to the difference of 180° and 135°, or 45°.