The Financial Risk Manager (FRM) Program
The questions are practical in nature and are based on real-life job situations. Candidates must be able to apply risk management concepts and methodologies to the day-to-day tasks of a risk manager.
Part 1 of the FRM test consists of 100 questions covering the following four subjects (in order of importance):
• Foundations of risk management (20%)
• Quantitative analysis (20%)
• Financial markets and products (30%)
• Valuation and risk models (30%)
Part 2 of the exam consists of 80 questions (weighted as follows) on the following topics:
• Market risk measurement and management (20%)
• Credit risk measurement and management (20%)
• Operational risk and resiliency (20%)
• Liquidity and treasury risk measurement and management (15%)
• Risk management and investment management (15%)
• Current issues in financial markets (10%)
FRM Certification Requirements
• Pass the FRM Exam Part 1
• Pass the FRM Part 2 by December 31 of the fourth year of passing the FRM Part I
• Submit two years of full-time relevant financial risk management work experience
FRM Study Books
Candidates are strongly advised to study straight from official GARP FRM books (Financial Risk Management books) in order to pass the FRM Exam. These best FRM study material, which are updated every calendar year to ensure that they remain current and reflect any curriculum revisions to the subject, cover all of the texts and themes that make up exam. You can also read the handbook of Financial Risk Management (FRM handbook). This Financial Risk Manager handbook gives readers the opportunity to gain a thorough grasp of financial products and the mathematical models that underpin them, as well as to learn how to manage risks.
FRM Syllabus 2021
The FRM exam 2021 will be computer-based, with numerous windows available throughout the year, according to GARP. The FRM exam syllabus has not changed or been updated in any way, and the FRM registration dates for the 2021 sessions have been released.
Here’s the dates for November FRM exam dates 2021:
| FRM Exam November Session 2021
|Early FRM Exam Registration
||May 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021
|Standard Exam FRM Registration
||August 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021
|Exam Window Part 1
||November 13- November 26, 2021
|Exam Window Part 2
||December 4-10, 2021
FRM Prep Course
Here’s the best FRM training course (FRM course) and FRM coaching program:
• Best Overall: Bionic Turtle
• Best Learning Platform: Wiley FRM Efficient Learning
• Best Comprehensive Premium Package: Kaplan FRM Schweser
• Best Value Premium Package: AnalystPrep
• Best Low-Cost All-Inclusive Package: ApnaCourse
FRM Passing Score
The FRM exam result passing score is expected to be about 70%. Part I of the May 2019 FRM Exam had a success rate of 42% and Part II had a pass rate of 60%. Part I passed 46 percent of the time, and Part 2 passed 59 percent of the time in the November 2019 FRM Exam. Since 2013, the pass rates have been around 40% to 60%.
FRM Course Details & FRM Course Fees
If you want to test yourself by solving financial risks, becoming a qualified FRM holder is the right professional choice for you.
||Financial Risk Management
||Exams will be conducted twice in a year
|Fee Offered for exam
|Starting salary offered
|| INR 900,000
||Advance Certificate in Financial Accounting, Advance Certificate in Financial Statement Analysis
||Market Risk Manager, Regulatory Risk Manager, Commercial Risk Manager
FRM Course Duration
It takes at least one year to finish both FRM tests, depending on the candidate’s dedication and focus. Candidates can take both Part I and Part II of the exam. The Part I exam is available in the months of May, July, and November. In addition, the Part II exam is administered twice a year, in May and December. The exams are computer-based tests (CBT).
The FRM test is valid for a period of five years from the date of registration. That is, during this time frame, the candidate must pass both tests, get two years of experience, and obtain the certificate.