The Wonderlic Test
The Wonderlic Test
The Wonderlic Personality Test also referred to as the Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test, is an IQ test administered to prospective employees to make immediate decisions on whether or not to hire them. It can calculate general cognitive skills, widely accepted as being one of the single best predictors of work performance. It also helps to assess the ability of an individual to follow orders, learn, adapt, fix problems, and cope with the psychological demands of a job.
The Wonderlic test is a 12-minute test consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions. It has a short version called the Wonderlic Personnel Test –Quicktest (WPT-Q) that includes the very same types of questions. However, this Wonderlic test has 30 questions and 8 minutes. You may take the Wonderlic test online, either in the testing center or in the comfort of your own home. The Wonderlic Test consists of four different categories:
|General Facts & Quick Recognition||Include questions that require you to order dates quickly, identify patterns, and answer general knowledge questions.|
|Logic Questions||Include deductive reasoning and spatial recognition questions.|
|Verbal Reasoning||Include questions on analogies, identifying synonyms, and comparing proverbs.|
|Word Problems||Involve questions that require you to calculate the average, the ratio, and the percentage. There are also decimal operations as well as algebraic word problems.|
How to pass the Wonderlic test?
Passing the Wonderlic IQ test is crucial to your chances of getting the job you’ve applied for. There are several tips and strategies available, and below are just the most fundamental steps you should take to pass your next Wonderlic test.
- Take timed practice tests. The very first thing you should do to increase your chances of success is to get an idea of what the test is about. By taking timed practice tests, you get to know what questions to expect and what useful strategies you need to apply to easily and quickly answer questions. There are many practice tests available online which reflect the questions on the official Wonderlic test. Remember that you only have 12 minutes to finish answering all 50 questions. That said, the more questions answered correctly, the more chances of a good score.
- Take practice tests without using a calculator. During your Wonderlic exam, you are not permitted to bring or use a calculator. That is why it is highly recommended to practice solving math problems using a scratch paper. This way, you can also increase your speed writing and solving problems.
- Answer everything. There is no penalty in leaving questions unanswered; however, it will affect your score report. It is much better when you make educated guesses than avoid answering questions you’re not sure about. Your guess might give you another point on your Wonderlic test results.
- Avoid getting stuck. If you are not really sure what to answer on a specific question, don’t get stuck and move forward. You can always circle back around when you’ve reached the end but still have time. Getting stuck in a question will reduce your time to answer the rest of the test.
- Review. After taking your practice test, take note of your Wonderlic test answers and the questions you found difficult. Study and review sections that need improvement and maintain your performance on sections you did great. This way, you’ll know which part of the test you need to focus more during your Wonderlic test prep.
Aside from the tips provided above, you can also search for other useful strategies you can use online, or use these alternatives:
- Wonderlic test pdf
- Wonderlic test examples
- Wonderlic test quizlet
- Wonderlic test answers key
- Wonderlic test pdf with answers
- Wonderlic test sample questions
- Wonderlic test and answers
- Wonderlic test download
- Wonderlic IQ test questions
- Wonderlic test questions and answers
Frequently Asked Questions
What does 39/50 on the Wonderlic intelligence test mean?
This means that you scored 39 of the 50 questions correctly. This is an excellent score, as it’s well above the average score of 23. It also means that you have a good chance of landing a job in the pharmaceutical industry, which has an average Wonderlic score of 31/50.
What is my IQ if I scored 30 on the Wonderlic test?
Basing on the Wonderlic score to IQ conversion chart, having a score of 30 means you have an IQ of 120. People with an IQ ranging from 120 to 139 have very superior intelligence. Superior intelligence implies that your intellect is better than most people but not as high as IQ 140.
What is the Wonderlic Cognitive Test?
The Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test, also known as the Wonderlic Personnel Test, is a prominent group IQ test used to evaluate the learning and problem-solving skills of job applicants for a variety of occupations.
What score Tom Brady got on the Wonderlic test?
Tom Brady’s Wonderlic test score during the 2000 NFL draft is 33, which makes him an example of an underrated player who should have been drafted in an early round.